At Austyn James we believe that wealth management starts with finding out where you are and where you would like to go in your life. We will consider how best to protect your wealth and lifestyle and what needs to be done to achieve your goals.
When planning investments, our objective is to minimise unnecessary risks while maximising potential and to protect your assets from tax where applicable and feasible.
Individuals, companies and trusts invest for a reason. It can be for income or growth or a combination of the two. It could be to fund a specific purchase at some point in the future. Whatever the reason it is important to take into account the objective, the timescale, the investor’s appetite for risk as well as the amount and the timing of the available investment monies.
We can help by:
- Collecting relevant facts to understand your current position and evaluating and adopting your existing arrangements.
- Establishing your financial objectives, tolerance to risk and required liquidity.
- Producing a financial plan.
- Establishing a suitable asset allocation to match your attitude towards investment risk.
- Identifying the most tax efficient wrappers and construct a suitable investment portfolio.
- Presenting your written financial report.
- Establishing any new arrangements and processing documentation.
- Monitoring and evaluation of original investment funds and Re-Balancing of the Portfolio to a core asset allocation quarterly.
The value of your investment can fall as well as rise and you may not get back the original amount invested.
Wealth Preservation – planning for later life and inheritance issues
Financial Planning for wealth preservation in later life including Inheritance Tax planning can be complex and require specialist knowledge.
We can help by:
- Providing appropriate investment strategies, perhaps geared towards capital preservation rather than capital growth, to generate or increase income in a tax efficient way.
- Implementing Inheritance Tax mitigation strategies whilst retaining sufficient assets to ensure a client’s own financial security. This could be achieved by utilising a wide range of trust and investment based approaches which are designed to meet both aims.
- Arranging a client’s affairs so that their estate passes to their chosen beneficiaries in a tax and cost efficient way, without compromising financial security during their lifetime.
The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate Taxation and Trust Advice.
Pensions and Divorce
Going through a divorce is one of the most stressful events in life. Financial Planning assistance is essential at this time and we provide appropriate advice accordingly:
We can help by:
- Analysing the information provided by one or both parties.
- Assisting in gathering any further information to prepare your report and liaising with legal representatives as required.
- Preparing a detailed report to consider all of the options available, utilising actuarial input where necessary.
- Recommending suitable financial arrangements including pensions, investments and protection.
- Implementing any financial order, for example pension sharing and attachment orders.
- Managing the client’s investment portfolio and dealing with their financial planning needs in the future.
Retirement planning can be considered in two stages:
The first being the build up of sufficient assets in various forms before retirement, which is all about forward planning pre retirement – the investment stage.
The second is assessing the most suitable options, at retirement, for arranging these assets to provide suitable capital and income security during retirement – the disinvestment stage.
However both are linked and as retirement approaches it is imperative to review the pre – retirement investments in conjunction with the retirement income objectives, as this may influence investment decisions, especially in the final few years. We will work with you to reduce the risks of the portfolio as you approach retirement.
We can help with:
- Pre retirement/investment – Providing suitable tax efficient saving strategies to assist clients build up sufficient assets to provide a comfortable retirement, taking into consideration affordability and attitude to risk.
- At retirement/disinvestment – Guiding clients through the plethora of options available, and deciding which strategy best suits their personal circumstances taking into consideration inflation, taxation, attitude to risk, health, and any requirement for dependants benefits.
- Utilising cash flow forecasting to establish whether the client is likely to have sufficient capital to last them throughout their retirement.
- Considering the possibility of receiving an income from their pension fund whilst continuing to work.
Mortgages and Protection
Your home is one of largest purchases you will make during your lifetime, and together with the ever changing mortgage market, mortgage advice from a specialist mortgage adviser is an invaluable service. Austyn James we do not provide mortgage advice ourselves. We can however, refer mortgage enquiries to a trusted mortgage adviser who will assist clients on our behalf.
Although we do not provide mortgage advice ourselves, we can refer you to a specialist mortgage adviser:
- Providing advice for anyone requiring borrowing for property purchases.
- Reviewing mortgages that are coming to the end of the ‘special’ rate to ensure the new mortgage matches current objectives.
- Making recommendations for various protection products to repay your mortgage in the event of death, suffering a defined critical illness or being unable to work due to ill-health.
- Providing advice for clients who are interested in releasing capital tied up in their residential property using remortgage products.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. There may be a fee for mortgage advice, the precise amount of the fee will depend upon your circumstances but we estimate that it will be 0.5% of the loan amount.